Friday, March 26, 2010

Hopelessly Devoted

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20

Last night I dreamed I sat in the back booth of a stale Denny's on a Cul De Sac. The strangers seated in the booth with me all had pancakes piled high on their ash white plates with sticky syrup spilling out over the edges. They all looked out the window and up at the flickering fluorescent sign. And all simultaneously told me I should STOP writing my blog.

Abruptly I woke up to two delivery trucks outside playing the fun little tune of shave and a haircut, two bits on their horns at three in the morning!!!!
God I need some quiet.
And my stubborn tenacity to cease.

My head is saying forget him. My heart is saying don't let go.

Do you find the wisdom you need in a multitude of counsels or in you alone?


2 comments:

  1. I think taking any advice from the average clientele eating pancakes at a Denny's is generally a bad idea.
    But I understand you are perhaps in the position to visit a Denny's soon. You can ask around about blogging there.

    I'm on a campaign to eliminate the Back-up Beep, especially in the middle of the night. I'm five stories up and a block away with my windows closed. Why do I have to be warned that someone is backing up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is safety in the multitude of counselors. However, you and God alone know your heart. When you have been giving a gift of observation and the patience to search the right words to share your take on that which goes round and round about you, there is an obligation. When you have thread in hand and the patches and swatches of lives brought to you by those who are conscious and unconscious and you stitch them together into something beautiful, you must know that there is purpose in your Freedom of Peach Blog. It's all important if God says it is.

    ReplyDelete