Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hurried Course

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty." Proverbs 21:5

"If I am to speak for ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; If 15 minutes, three days; if half of an hour, two days; if for an hour, I'm ready now." Woodrow Wilson

Therein lays another fly in the ointment of a daily blog. And adds salt to the wounds of an already self deprecating writer who wishes to showcase thought instead of hasty obligation.

It is one thing to settle into the end of an evening and vomit your grievances without structure or sanity with the only purpose at hand to relieve the pressure from your steaming lid. This is beneficial only to the one blowing the hot air...(ie self psychotherapy)
It is another to truly strike a chord with an audience who is touched, inspired, impacted , or enraged which then causes a chain reaction of movement or change in themselves and others around.

This is the purpose for writing.

Reading my weekly New York Magazine and its devastatingly long droning on liberal articles, a writers desirable result occurred, my blood began a slow boil, my pulse started to race, my temples began to throb, until I explosively threw the nonsense into my bag and proceeded to murmur to myself. The Chinese bag lady beside me decided it was time to put a seats distance between us.
The headline: "Could Scott Brown have a Bright Side?"

Fair and Balanced! Fair and Balanced...New York media is so biased and left that it has everyone looking at the issues cockeyed and talking louder than the next red lipped hipster crowded next to them on their" we all think alike playing field." AAAHHHHH....

This morning I was one of the only bodies on High Line Park. The few meat packers below me bustled about their bloody trade. New Jersey looked like it was outlined in gold on The Hudson's horizon. I eyed a man sitting on a bench soaking up the cool spring sun, he was writing methodically in a leather bound book. Every once in a while, he would look up from his words, breathe in the view, reflect, and then return to writing.
I was envious of his thoughtful time.

Then the Tide Commercial Film Crew arrived and my day disappeared into this rant.


Wasn't it the tortoise that won the race?








No comments:

Post a Comment