Monday, March 8, 2010

Fo Shame

A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor." Proverbs 29:23

Back in Atlanta, in a little 7x7 climate controlled basement box on a dead end Midtown street sits a Rubbermaid storage bin full of ten years worth of my handwritten journals. A shuddering thought....

It's been far too long since I took pen to paper. Somehow my thoughts have more room to move fluidly when I'm forming the letters on a clean sheet versus a blank screen. I compare the two as silky spring fed water to oppressive muddled quick sand.

As I sit in this modern jury box popping Good and Plenty's watching the vicious scowl matching the over inflated ego on the shows namesake's face. (She's either bitterly constipated or pissed her old co-star was front and center at the Oscars) and the set lights burning a hole in my discerning forehead, my prop pen wants to swim gracefully across this jurors pad.

I witness strangers agendas all around me. And I'm no body's fool understanding their motives do not jibe with mine. Perplexed by their superiority complex, I am humbled every time I answer to the word, "Background." But my nose stays even. And my cup overflows with riches. I am blessed beyond all measure. I traverse the quiet morning streets of Brooklyn to get generously compensated and epicuriously satiated while I nod and wink, watching legends in their own right, Kevin Conway and Christine Baranksi steal the scenes on a successful CBS show filmed in the city I love.

I am not entitled to these experiences, they are a gift that could cease giving tomorrow.

Just a lesson The Haughty Good Wife should learn.

Are you deserving?


No comments:

Post a Comment