Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wax and Wane

"In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him."Psalm 95:4

Joy and pain. Like sunshine and rain...
This morning, I found myself out of the valley of darkness.

Shot an NBC promotional commercial for St. Patrick's Day Parade on the quiet streets of NoHo and under a shower of emerald shamrock confetti...
We danced the drunk Irish jig at the camera as Paparazzi screamed down Bond Street following Gisele and the new baby. Poor beautiful girl....
Four fire trucks loaded down with NYC's..uh finest, roll by and wink. Damn, Damn, Damn.
I answer my phone to the Onion News Network callback...shed my flag colors and jam one subway stop to Broadway, to do my best neurotic expert voice in front of the writer, producer, and director. They laugh.
Head home past Adrian Grenier hanging in front of my local haunt, we exchange nods as I pull a fat check from my mailbox and waltz up my stone steps and into a room swimming with red tulips and a 45 degree forecast for tomorrow.
Yep, it's day like these when leaving this town would be a down right shame.

Mood swing much?

2 comments:

  1. It was a very good day indeed! Working...and I still don't feel like it's work yet, with happy, fun people where you can laugh, be yourself, and still get a job well done is such a pleasure.

    And it was a pleasure meeting you yesterday. I'm hoping our paths will cross again and we'll get to "work" together real soon.

    Love your Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Love it! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete