Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Revealing

"The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out." Proverbs 13:9

Everyday, I witness iniquities rewarded. And achievement bestowed on the corrupt. This is when I question God.

My conversation with my boss tonight still seated at my desk at 8PM tonight, tense with anxiety over my lesson in washing our wine glasses (3x) went something like this: ( I paraphrase)

Her: "People sell the soul here for success, if you want to follow that path, you join forces with evil, you compromise your integrity, you tread ill fated steps, you drop the people that care."

"I'd rather be around the devils I know, then the devils I don't."

Me: "What about the Light?"

Her: "There is no Light in Manhattan Girl."

Which reminds me of my visit to New York two years ago and what perpetuated the birth of this blog...This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

"Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart." Psalm 97:11

How do you fight temptation?

1 comment:

  1. The boss sounds a little lost.
    What is this "success" she is talking about?
    And of course there is Light in Manhattan. There is Light everywhere.
    I don't like when people project their own pain and corruption like that. Too bad for her. Perhaps she's the one who needs to be dropped.

    ReplyDelete