Sunday, March 7, 2010

Connoisseur..Kind of

"Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives. Titus 3:14

What are the latest experts saying about becoming an expert? You have to dedicate 10,000 hours? What if you have more passions than one? Can you only exceed average?

I dreamed I was published last night.
There I was at the checkout counter of a gargantuan chain store and the first year of my blog was bound in a pint sized book with sturdy but rough cardboard edges . It was titled "Little Thoughts to Get You Through the Day."(Mmm clever) and it was being promoted along side colorful children's cookbooks.
Startling thoughts of martini menage trois', chocolate mushrooms, fake breasts, and the current Administration admonishment ran through my brain as I watched sweater set mom's eyeing the stark cover...

I woke up in a sweat to the beer truck rolling kegs down the bulkhead below and a vision of a shotgun kicking back into my slender shoulder and the buckshot spraying out into the darkness at any and all unknown targets.
It was once my eyes adjusted to the light filtering through the less than sufficient roman shades,I realized that this is what I have been accomplishing since I arrived.
Just a novice sounding off shots, hoping that something sticks..or at least feels right.

Inspired by: William Ernest Henley

I am the master of my fate.
I am the captain of my soul.

This I have accomplished.

What do you do well enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment