Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The "Ugly" Truth

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

These are the days I want to pack this 400 square foot space up, change careers (again), cease this wild goose chase, move to the wide open rolling country, settle down, gain 10 pounds of wine and cheese, have chubby pink babies, and live a simple, quiet, mundane existence.
Where there are no short little 22 year old production assistants instructing me to be on my best behavior and scolding me for not letting her know I was going potty.
Where I don't layer up with Under Armor and hand warmers in my bra with a stylish hat that doesn't cover my ears because it's supposed to be a waterfront London Fashion week scene in the spring.....
And where I don't get threatened to be dismissed from set by a child with overtly abused power issues because I am not flexible with my wardrobe (taking off above mentioned hat) even though I am pacing back and forth in front of a camera in the freezing cold for $80 measly dollars.
ABC and Disney should be ashamed of themselves for being the least paying, rather successful show for non Screen Actors Guild Actors. I am not at a loss as to why they were just cancelled, I am just sorry they weren't kinder on their way out.

Yes, days like today nearly snuff out the beauty of the sunrise over the East River in the South Street Port as I tread downtown's cobblestone streets and sharply persuade me to finally be that real soccer mom everyone thinks I should portray on TV.

With conviction to stay on course...would you jump through their hoops?

1 comment: