Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dia Duit

"And you will sing as on the night you celebrate a holy festival; your hearts will rejoice as when people go up with flutes to the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel." Isaiah 30:29


Self reliance versus Government Assistance---This is what this knock down drag out schoolyard fight in the House is all about. And in the spirit of March Madness, I bet ObamaCare does not make it to the next bracket. No Sink and Swish for you...

A dull half-cocked roar rises up into our open windows from the four Irish pubs on our block. I can barely raise my ritual red wine glass to my lips, let alone pound two for one Guinness on amateur night.

I climbed the stairs of the subway at 7:15 PM surprised to still see the shining sun and then the craziness hit me in the foreground, background, and peripheral....spring has sprung in Manhattan and people everywhere are multiplying like mad little bunnies.

I'm not ready for the city's hibernators to wake up yawning loudly ready to fill their hunger.
I'm not seeing Manhattan through the all's anew green glasses anymore. I'm tired.
What a difference 365 days make....Last Year.

The only green I seem to think about these days is money. And how I undutifully let it tie my hands despite the Lord's promise of protection.

Thankful Saint Patrick introduced Christianity to Ireland. But not so sure I want to drink myself into an unadulterated drunken oblivion and be "Christ-like" as my neighborhood pub advertises.
Instead I take an hour lunch, walk across the 89th Street Transverse Road through a fresh budding Central Park, feel the chills the bagpipes evoke, and thank these few good men for my freedom.

Praising Him this way makes my head feel so much better.
Especially in the morning.


Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

Still trying your luck with other gods....?

No comments:

Post a Comment