Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Little Fame

"But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace." Psalm 37:11

"Last Looks everyone...if you're doing a close up of Blake, I've got to get in there." hair & makeup
Considering all the last looks on our Gossip Gals and an fire alarm evacuation from set, a five minute scene made the creep to 13 hour shoot in Brooklyn Heights...

My St. Patrick's Day (Irish by marriage) began on the R Train at 7:30 this morning,my arms filled with Nancy Reganesque clothing and my car filled with burly wide shouldered lads who had already commenced the cajoling; a wee sexy I might add.  And ended shortly before midnight where I slept walked into my Irish Masshole friends open door to chilled Tullamore Dew and Corned Beef and Cabbage overlooking the radiant and rather green Empire State Building. Just gorgeous!

The in between was where the magic happened..or so the saying goes.
 Being on set  has an amazing undeniable energy you can not experience at alternative jobs...getting checked through wardrobe, bathing in the lights, listening for the Art Director's commands, networking with the most curious and interesting of characters (met a woman who writes about burlesque) But mostly, it is watching the stars up close and in their element. It is true entertainment.
I have never seen Gossip Girl so I can not speak of the younger stars...
Here is who had my attention.
Wallace Shawn. You might not recognize his name, but there is no mistaking his face or that voice...Some of my favorite works include his first role in Manhattan( in which Allen calls him homunculus), the inept kidnapper from Princess Bride, Mr. Hall from Clueless, and Rex the Dinosaur in Toy Story.
 You got the picture?  Yes, he's an actor. More so an honored playwright, but most importantly he is the son of the famed editor of the New Yorker magazine, William Shawn, who reigned for over three decades. A literary genius upbringing and an Ivy league intelligence, all wrapped up in a little true New Yorker bundle bringing some serious culture to the otherwise vacuous world of an upper East Side teenager. And he didn't call for countless makeup touches between takes...

Honestly, I had to pinch myself all day. Not for not wearing the color of the Shamrock, but because I can't can't believe my luck.  Did I mention I'll be featured on the finale?

Where are you searching for your pot o'gold?


No comments:

Post a Comment