Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's Time to Shine

"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Time and Chance. To All.  I love that about God's plan.
Come to me my melancholy baby, cuddle up and don't be blue..all of your fears are foolish fancies baby...B. Crosby

Settling in to the kickstart of my weekend (on Wednesday) with a healthy glass of Cabernet and the sounds of Ella Fitzgerald oozing me into that low relaxation mode.Spending the last five days as background on television sets has been thoroughly exciting, fairly lucrative, and decent grubbing. However, it definitely zaps my mojo..Today was errand day. My husband is coming to New York City tomorrow and I'm proverbially rolling out the red carpet which is not really necessarily here. The city is gift enough.  You either feel it or you don't..Met a woman from Alabama yesterday who has been here for 16 years...still with a honey southern drawl she explained to me that New York was built on a geographic rock structure that generates electricity and energy. It charges you while you're here and when you leave you become depleted. She went on to say she occasionally will venture away from New York but scares herself as she thinks she might die from boredom and often cuts her vacations away short. But she still sure is cold here....
The average temperature for NY in March is 50 degrees and the low 34.  Today was a flawless deep blue sky with a radiant sun warming these concrete walls to a snug 63 degrees. And you would have thought we were on the riviera. Pasty white skin was revealed in more ways than I can count. Brown bag lunches sprawled on the steps of the Met, the lines at Union Square farmer's Market were 10 deep, restaurant doors thrown open for patrons craving alfresco dining. Looks like New Yorker's have been fervidly anticipating spring...their out of their apartments by the droveful.Me in my usual black down jacket rushed from deli to street vendor snagging two dozen roses for $10, low brow white wine for a good time, and  the best $1 fresh falafel you can buy...by the time I lugged my goods to the TRIangle BElow CAnal...I was in a full blown sweat.If I love this city in the winter, I feel obsession approaching with spring.

"Springtime is on my mind
Flowers blooming, all the time
Smell the roses
Smell the grass
Old man winter can kiss my ass" Spinal Tap

Have you had your time in the sun?


No comments:

Post a Comment