Friday, March 27, 2009

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish

 "Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom.  We adore you as being in control of everything.  Riches and honor come from you alone, and you are the Ruler of all mankind; your hand controls power and might and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength" 1 Chronicles 29-11-12 

Friday has arrived and I am taking the next two days off before I am a featured DA on the mother ship Law and Order on a fast approaching chipper Monday morning..

College dropout and CEO of Apple Computer and Pixar Animation, Steve Jobs spoke these poignant words in a commencement address to Stanford University graduates:
"You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."

What on Earth am I doing? Lately there are days when I wonder if I have already taken my eye off the prize or if I'm just sliding though every single cracked window I spy...knowing the baby steps will ultimately lead to that dream job. That fulfillment. 
 In the attempt to keep making rent every month, I am exhausting myself by going after the necessary but it may be the necessary frivolous.
 You know what, shame on me. forget I wrote that.... Upon further self examination and admittance this 'career path' is what I have sought after my entire life. 
I call it my Heavenly Father's plan and others call it intuition but if you listen to it and have the courage to follow it, it's going to guide you through a winding road to exactly who and what you are supposed to become.

Let me take a moment while I see my life flash before my eyes..
Perched in my Tropicana hoodie on my brown pit couch portraying MTV VJ Martha Quinn in front of a camcorder interviewing heavy rockers. Staring into my bedroom dresser mirror while a sold out arena of adoring fans looked back at my best song and dance Steve Perry impersonation...Barbie's career, one act plays with Epiphany Theater, Album 88 college radio, and years later in my adamant pursuit of a now eight year career in television journalism, I have always rested on a vague aspiration of FAME.  
I want to write. I want to dance. I want to sing. I want to live. I want to be know doing it. 
In other words, I'm not settling.

"Don't stop believin, hold on to that feelin." Journey

Your day's are numbered. How many are you spending living someone else's life?


1 comment:

  1. Your biggest fans still talk about your amazing performance on stage with the actors of St. John USVI. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete