Friday, March 13, 2009

Two Way Street

"So in everything, do unto others, as you would have them do to you, for this sums up all the Law and Prophets." Matthew 7:12

We have all heard often and put into practice sometimes,  The Golden Rule. Such a concept to strive for and what so many people say they want. A novel idea. But here on Earth, the common translation seems to read...He who has all the Gold makes all the Rules.
This applies itself quite well in the Land of Plenty.
There are people with the disposable income and those of us who work for them. 

Case in point, in the short time I have been here I have gained the trust of a gold holder.  This is an extreme compliment to me as I've stated before; Honesty is a characteristic I would like to have follow my spoken name. After counting piles of paper money and relaying how much extraneous cash he actually had laying around, the interesting work proposition followed. While I am not skilled in the profession, rate dealing is quickly becoming one of my keener traits.   Hand to mouth people.... Job number 5 is it?
In the meantime,
It's Hi diddly Dee an Actor's Life for me. Filled out a payment voucher today for Columbia Pictures...Another Gold Holder.  They casted me as an extra on my first feature film. It is an espionage thriller called Salt starring Angelina Jolie and Liev Schrieber...oooh I already have stars in my eyes..... Today was the wardrobe approval meeting for the film, all of thirty minutes and I got payed $11 per 10 minute increments...not too shabby.  This thing we call show business might be right up my alley...(drawback 5:15 AM Set call tomorrow)

Truly, I am feeling overwhelmingly blessed at this point. Appreciative of all of the opportunities that are coming my way. Thrilled to be generating revenue. I can most certainly be a yes girl employee...but there's a catch.  
What am I creating? What is truly mine? Am I just working for and towards another's dream?

Where's the reciprocity in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment