Thursday, March 12, 2009

Super! Thanks for Asking


"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment" Ecclesiastes 11:9

These vagabond shoes are longing to stray, right through the very heart of it. The little town blues are melting away, I'm gonna make a brand new start of it...
The blue-eyed crooner and I caught the same spirit

Forty Eight Hours of solid hustle work...From catering to playlists, candle lighting to publicists, cashmere cardigans to plaid pashmina, I've been up to my elbows in a world of Fashion Entertainment.  For something as material as launching the new Fall 2009 Denim line may be...a lot of blood, sweat, tears, heart, and money sure do get poured into such an event.( I can't believe the 80's are back)
 Significant or meaningless, it is happening and alive and well in the city that never sleeps. After the magazine editors had come and gone, food passed, booze devoured, mannequins undressed ( a lot quicker this time) and we had burned though the glamour, glitz, and green (figuratively and literally), I relished in the end of a magical night surrounded by blue spruce watching the moon rise as the clouds rolled back and revealed shining stars over Manhattan's glorious right angles...This place is addictive! 
I believe there are two sorts of people, those that can live in New York City and those who can not. Those who adore musical theater and can sing it no matter their level of exhaustion and those that do not. I'm not sure there is a gray area...
As I was funneling V2 Energy Vodka( caffeine and taurine) into bottles five stories high on the roof overlooking the Flatiron Building, I made eye contact with the faces chained to the desks in the building next door. I wondered what was is it about New York that keeps them here. Is it the same energy that has captured me and made me long to be here the better part of my 20's?   Was this destination their dream as well? How many people in their lives are waiting for them to get New York out of their system.
Word to the wise..
Quit asking me how long I am staying. I don't know.
Cease the discussions about settling down. I might not.
No more inquires on pregnancy and childbirth. You'll know when I'm ready.
Gone are the remarks about my career. I define it as living.

New line of questioning...

ARE YOU HAPPY?









No comments:

Post a Comment