Monday, March 16, 2009

Enough's Enough

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Thessalonians 5:18

"But they didn't figure, What my wit's as quick as a hair trigger . He's not your everyday-type Prankster. He's Ice-T, the original gangster." Unfortunately I did not get close enough to Ice-T this morning to let him know the soundtrack to my 8th grade year was that very album.  I'm quite sure he would have been impressed...S.V.U baby! 
Held in the catacombs of  St. John Divine on Cathedral Parkway and fed a barbecue lunch to make a Georgia girl proud, I'm adding Law And Order to my credits! Just another trench coat in the New York streets.

 Y'all I am tired. And when I'm tired. My i's are long and drawn out like a sticky syrupy molasses and my eyes lose their shine. This is no good as I've been casted on New York shows for the next three days...criteria, Bright eyed and No accent. And gasp, I've reached the ripe parental age. I am an upper west side mom of a Gossip Girl graduate...Bring on the pastel sweater sets and pearls!  The last two casting calls that came through, I absolutely resisted but after talking to a gentleman today about his blessings that have come  from God Alone, why would I push away the opportunity? 
A now SAG member with a remarkable star studded resume, he told me he prayed and followed God's will every step of the way...Shame on me. I'm getting work while 1 out of every 4 I meet on set are there because of layoffs. Not silver screen dreams.

Moment of Truth:
I'm nodding out.
With the impending danger of this blog become purely narcissistic and highly unidentifiable to my readers I am taking a step back to recuperate. Quality is so much more enticing than quantity. And as I am tackling more jobs and longer hours, my creativity and insight are getting lost in the lack of sleep.  And I don't want to lose your faith.

Will you still need me, Will you still read me?





1 comment: