Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Future

"I saw among the simple, I noticed among the young men, a youth who lacked judgment." Proverbs 7:7

It is a sign of the times when our youth donned in acid washed jeans, fluorescent high top kicks, and knee length cardigans are walking around with a sense of entitlement on hillbilly made industrial drugs, texting on their iPhones, and discussing nothing short of void?? They believe their evolved notion of their generation being ahead of the curve while they are realistically twenty years behind and LIKE utterly clueless to LIKE current events you know....
They live in these historic pre-war buildings without a mere thought of the people and sacrifices before them. They actually think hip-hop is good in the 2000 decade. And not one of them could hang from their wherewithal in a harness blasting dynamite in a canyon to build the remarkable Hoover Dam.
Scarier still..they're Godless.

God I'm old. And weepy.

""If you're young and not a liberal,you have no heart; if you're old and not a conservative, you have no brain."" Winston Churchill

You know what. If you knew me. You would take everything I say with a grain of salt. I write all of this in front of an open window to St. Marks Place in my panties and a hoodie sweatshirt with Metallica's S & M blaring in my Nag Champa smoke filled 300 square foot apartment and a glass of cold Knob Creek beside me.
Life would be more fluid if I surrendered more to the guitar, prayed continuously to the King of Kings and let all the bullshit go.

I knew what I wanted to do in my youth when I lined up my brother's black Members Only with the flip collar next to my mom's homemade pink jacket for a quick exchange in my reenactment of Stephanie Zanoni's"Cool Rider" Grease 2.
To Perform!!

50 Head shots. 50 Cover Letters. 50 Envelopes. 50 Resumes. 50 Casting Agencies.
100% HOPE.

So maybe David Bowie was right, Youth...'They're quite aware of what they're going through."

What do we REALLY have to lose in following the call?




No comments:

Post a Comment