Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wandering in the Wood

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?" Luke 15:4

As a writer, you're obligated to draw readers into your world, and if your writing isn't interesting to them, you won't succeed." Donald Perry

The blog now dictates my mood and not vice versa, whereas my mood once inspired the blog.I got nothing. When inserted into the equation, that equals nothing....

Asked by a dear friend today what I am doing? I responded, I don't know.

As the last golden leaves fall on the wet pavement out my window, the blandness sets in.

Maybe my plunging neckline with a badge as a squad room detective with Christopher Meloni will add some flavor.

Maybe succumbing to the humdrum of one day is possible...even in Manhattan.

I swear I have a point.

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." Henry David Thoreau

So instead I will sleep and dream about my purpose.

What do you look for when you can't remember what you set out to find?





No comments:

Post a Comment