Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Luna Ticks

"And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven." Deuteronomy 4:19

I see the moon and the moon sees me, the moon sees somebody I don't see. God Bless the moon and God Bless me. And God bless somebody I don't see.

My sleep walking morning routine was different in two ways this morning. First, my cheap Chanel knock-offs that I wear the entire commute fell of of my face and onto the well tread concrete as I was rushing for the 1st Avenue bus. They were crushed underfoot and I was forced to be exposed to the world.
Secondly, the L Train was suspiciously waiting for me as I skipped the steps down towards the idling sound and just one car passed the first, bodies weren't stacked in the threshold. I got on with ease amongst the other straphangers. Then came the MTA announcement that we won't be moving anytime soon as a train refuses to leave the Union Square station in front of us.
Out, up, and onto another bus I go which takes me to another train and so on...

Once positioned on the express, I open up my AM paper with our hero Captain Sullenberger's face on Tommy Lee's body. The headline reads Rock Star Sex.
On the first page is a disturbing article about how drug dealers are benefiting from New Moon's success and preying on the young girl's adoring addiction. NYPD made a significant heroine bust in the city confiscating the illicit brown sugar in bags with Robert Pattinson's face on the front and the words "Twilight" written underneath.

Starting my reverse commute, I walk next to a mama and her young daughter rushing against the light. The little girl is falling behind as she's looking up at the moon on a clear night in NY. She says frantically, "But, it really is following me, it's there every time I look." Mom tugs her arm harder and gives her a dirty smack on the bottom.
Sigh, I smile at her innocence and pray for her time bomb future.

Why am I not making sense? I've been up before the moon set and the sun rose for 3 days now. I didn't see a midnight showing and I'm not even chasing the dragon.


As you're bowing down to the one YOU serve, are you getting what you deserve?


No comments:

Post a Comment