Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Reloaded Rogue With Rouge

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

Sorry I
was at work earning my grocery money on Monday afternoon, so I missed the highly opinionated (surprise, surprise) interview with Sarah Palin. But I didn't need to be planted on the cushions of my rented couch with a nitrate filled Lunchable packet in my lap to know the ignorant would be screaming at the screen....

If indeed Fox deserter Alan Colmes is right, and the hell fire hatred of the mother of five and former governor of Alaska is strictly for amusement,that means the loud mouth fearful liberals are just bitterly opposed to a wild Ferris wheel ride. And that ain't the God's honest truth.
One, it is a sexist issue and the left feminists are uncharacteristically tight lipped. Two, a strong conservative pro-life, pro-gun, sexy woman scares the hell out the Democrats who see her policy potential. She destroys the very core ideas of Liberalism and she may just rise to the occasion. The impending year of 2012 is promoting fear in many souls... for some unbelieving sell outs (Cusack)* and for those looking for a second term of power.

Eleven Reporters from the AP checking her facts?...I'm sorry, that is the definition of VENDETTA and a genuine waste of time. The obsession with discrediting this woman is driven with a slight more forced agenda than sheer amusement. And it doesn't take an idiot to recognize that.
Ask any Joe Schmo in the street their view of Palin and they will give you an uneducated and uninformed answer based purely on appearance. The same as the OBAMA Swag dealing vendors in Union Square give in their support of him, but don't know why... "He's black, I mean change man." He represents "Change."

Hear me now, the lazy jackasses who don't relish freedom and who are glued to the "Real Life Housewives of (insert city) for your amusement, you wouldn't know a real woman if she pulled her pants down and sat on your face.
Palin presents the strength of America while our very own Commander in Chief projects weakness to every other nation.

She's genuine. She's consistent. And she's blowing the lid off of the New York Times best seller list.
This is the cold hard truth.

Do you know I am right...then can you prove I'm wrong?



*Love Cusack, just always thought he was the avant garde independent, clever dialogue, film noir type

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that I can't prove you wrong. If I read you correctly, you are suggesting that anyone who chooses not to support Sarah Palin is uneducated and uninformed. And possibly sexist. I am unsure how I would go about disproving this.

    I don't think I am any of these things, but still I don't support Sarah Palin. That doesn't mean I don't see her political potential. She is very charismatic--a characteristic that is seen by many as a flaw in out current President. I think that gives her a great deal of political potential, but I don't really see much from her in terms of policy.

    She's basically anti-government; the idea that government might serve a constructive role in society seems genuinely and consistently anathema to her, so I don't really expect her to put a lot of energy into policy. And she hasn't. And why would she? If government itself is the problem, then it is foolish to invest thought into ways to make it better.

    All of this is fine as far as it goes. But I'm not anti-government, so I don't support her. I also have a job and and a mortgage and an accountant, I don't eat Cheetos and I don't watch reality TV, and I am the child, grandchild and husband of strong, independent and opinionated women. And freedom is a big deal to me too. So I'm not sure where that puts me in your assessment.

    I would agree that 11 fact checkers is excessive. It was excessive when they fact checked Audacity of Hope (incidentally, also a NYT #1 bestseller, but everyone knows that the NYT is a liberal rag and not to be trusted, right?). The whole focus of process over substance is excessive. But if, just if, it turns out that she said some things that are objectively false, and not just matters of perspective or interpretation, isn't that worth reporting on? Isn't it worth knowing and talking about?

    I, for one, hope she does run. There are people in the Republican Party who have actual ideas about governance. Sarah Palin is not one of them, and that will become clear in the primaries. She certainly has strong ideas about what government shouldn't be doing, but too few about what it should be doing. And like it or not, we have a government. It does things. It could do things better, and do it with the same (or fewer) resources. It isn't going away. We need to figure out how to make it work better, and approaching it with abject hostility isn't going to improve it.

    Clearly you and I view politics and policy from different angles. I have no problem with this. I like the fact that different people have different perspectives. But, respectfully, I don't like your idea that one can't be "real" unless she is politically conservative, or that if one is politically liberal he is weak. It is unfair and mean spirited, at best.

    That might not be cold, hard truth, but it is my opinion. Consider this my contribution to the conversation.

    --MO

    ReplyDelete