Saturday, November 21, 2009

Granted Power

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."Psalm 147:5

Not a moment goes by when I don't see my Lord and Creator in all things. But way too often life goes on without the acknowledgement. I lift my hands and say Thank You.

This magical time of year has greatly enhanced an already spectacular landscape of a city. Tourists by the drove line up to lace up their Violet Beauregard blue skates to circle Bryant Lake Pond and view the Lord and Taylor twinkling light windows, the 4:30 setting sun casts a magnificent glow on the Flat Iron Building as overzealous shoppers loaded down with bags,line up outside The Shake Shack for a burger with Al fresco ambiance.
The generator hum gives all the Christmas booths electric heat as the blue shivering lips carry on.

I am so utterly blessed to enter my first holiday season in the northeast. And while I am sorry that it will only be a Holiday Tree in the White House, I am comforted in the fact that no matter how much we try to push Jesus Christ from our lives and control...He remains constant and yes, THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. Glittering Gingerbread Houses aside.

No, I probably should not be writing this a 4:45 in the morning. But this city has a way of sweeping you off your feet and carrying you down a path of creamy cold IPA's, cheesy pizza, and raw NWA at high decibels at the pub below our abode along with friends from Atlanta that pop in for 12 hours because life should be lived.

Good night New York. There goes Spiderman in tights carrying the crew home in a rickshaw and here comes my rather cozy double in time for sunrise.

Who did you thank for your breath of life this morning?


3 comments:

  1. Your reference to the White House "Holiday Tree" may be based on a hoax email that has been spreading this year. Check this link: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/holiday-tree-hooey/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kisses from one of the friends from Atlanta who popped in! ☺ I chronicled that wonderful visit here: http://sharmainemitchell.blogspot.com/2009/11/spontaneous.html

    ReplyDelete