Friday, November 6, 2009

An Open Invitation

"What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?" Psalm 30:9

After discussing the certainties of a faith filled life, I parted ways with my rare needle in a haystack girlfriend. As I walked away from her my audible perception went into overdrive as the raucous conversations on this 35 degree Friday night pounded my ear drums with the unwelcoming sound of live reveille three inches from my ears on a cheap hungover morning.
"Vicodin and Oxy and still I was looking to get higher....so I pounded his bottle of vodka.
She called me this morning, apparently she got so drunk last night she had another threesome...."
"I can't believe you just stole that, I lost the lip gloss you stole me last week."
"Does she know for sure he's cheating again?"

A mere spotlighted sampling, but enough to bring me back to the blogs inception and the reason I started it in the first place... To testify. More importantly to testify to New Yorkers. The land of endless decisions....
I feel quite alone in Manhattan, not in my sense of adventure, drive, or quest for life, but in my solid faith in the Lord and my unwavering allegiance to Him. This is foreign.

Maybe I'm just growing older...
I believe we are living in a world who is running from our spiritual foundation.
We are people of the people with spiritual amnesia. And we are so busy thinking our lifestyle is more important than His glory.
Am I guilty? You bet your ass. I'm caught up in the busyness of life, the competitiveness of success and fame, the envy of money, plenty of this earthly life's pleasure principles.
Yet I am so aware of God's Will for me that I feel grounded in that protection.
He knows the depths of my heart and He loves me just the same.
I'm hooked on the line and He keeps reeling me back in.
I don't want to be in partial obedience. I want my ways to reflect His wonder.
I want to praise the name of Jesus...

It's not judging recreational drugs ( I've done them)
It's not about promiscuity (sex is fun)
I don't knock material want (although paying is better)
But in my limited knowledge of this world, the blind leading the blind never fares well and whatever loss you imagine you will endure in exalting Him , I can insure your gain will be so much greater.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face and the things of life will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace.

In the words of Peter Frampton, "Do you feel like we do?"








No comments:

Post a Comment