Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hold His Banner High

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

If there is anyone out there that has not signed their personal name and private info to some social networking site or group, you are certainly in the minority.
Facebook, MySpace, Linked-In, etc..are now an everyday lifestyle. In fact they are verbs. For example: OMG, He Facebooked Me!
It serves a pleasure purpose in so many facilities whether it be a sneak peek into old lovers lives or an intriguing introduction to new. Even a place to showcase your eclectic music tastes and odd NFL player obsessions.
For me, it has been reconnecting to my past. There are a few women out there I've missed for almost two decades and now Hallelujah, thanks to FB, we are back in the know.
But never have I frequented these time suckers as a means to a job.

New York City is designated for networking.
It is most certainly a city of who you know and who you talk to...
A dear and most clever friend of mine who has been in my life for nearly 11 years just celebrated his birthday and gathered some of his closest. I was honored to be chosen and a representative of another Bible name...amongst Peter, Daniel, Joshua, Aaron, Esther, Mark, David, Gabrielle you get the picture. The restaurant was Freemans, which in my opinion perfected comfort Southern Food. Gabe and I started talking about careers. She's been working in Children's Literature Publishing for years now. I told her about my job leap from Football Players to First Graders and that I was looking to blend my passions...(AKA, knocking down the door at Sesame Street) We exchanged contacts and bid farewell after fond fellowship and bacon wrapped cheese.

Not 24 hours later she had passed on my resume to her colleagues and today, I got an interview and job for an absolute dream position.....GIVING MY OPINION!!!!!!
The mission at hand: Blog about young adults books and their message on timely topics. Not only is it food for thought reading on a regular basis, it's editorial writing. I'm Overjoyed.
I wrote Gabe with immense gratitude and thanked my Lord above for the blessing.

In the words of a brilliant man who's made an art of entertaining children and adults alike. He created an Icon at the lowest point of his life....

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
Walt Disney

What's your Mickey Mouse?

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited for you...you sounded so down on yesterdays blog, I felt so sad for you and I prayed VERY hard for you!!! Life works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?
    When do you start?

    ReplyDelete