Friday, February 6, 2009

Painting by Numbers

"Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." Proverbs 31:31

I am sorry that such a gifted athlete was trusting enough to keep company with people that would want to bring him down in such a fashion. An historic eight gold medals! Eight. He did all of it on his sheer stamina, steadfast dedication, years of training, mama's support and pure talent. And we are punishing him for burning a weed. C'mon Kellogs, if he was taking a shot, I can guarantee the sponsors would not have bailed. And that's all I have to say about that.
With regard to scripture. I chose it before I went to work on Kings today...referencing my visual.

Walk to Canal at 4Pm Friday afternoon, take the 6 Train up town, exit a Union Square, a mall underground, transfer to the L, a train that actually travels underneath the East River. Unbelievable. My ears popped. Come out in Brooklyn, 4:40 all all is Quiet. Transfer to the G train, go three stops towards Queens, walk east 9 blocks, Sound stage 10, all the time carrying wardrobe and 15 hours worth of reading material . My cellphone read 5:35.
Sign in, fill out voucher, no dependents, wardrobe, makeup, hair. Prepare to hunker down for another long night. Not 30 minutes after I started talking to Brad ( A huge die hard Giants fan) who moved here in the 70's.( The Harder Carter Years) We wrapped....
Full non-union payday for three hours of work. Reverse Commute.

Twenty minute jaunt to Broadway.Two bottles, of wine, three hours of guilty pleasure TV, two good friends, one burger.
1: 15....Home. Not making history but Not bad for a day's work...

Now tell me truthfully, shouldn't his works be revered?

No comments:

Post a Comment