Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Point Break

"In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds." Job 39:24

Chapter 1
He adored New York City....he romanticized it all out of proportion. To him, No matter WHAT the season, this was still a town that existed in black and white and pulsated to the great tunes of George Gershwin....W. Allen

This is a great city. A knockout.
I don't want to hear about its desensitization nor about jadedness. This city is alive and open. And people are people.
For the first time in a long time, I feel like I don't need to apologize for my behavior nor who I am. One, New Yorkers don't care and two, if they did, New Yorkers are accepting.
Call me restrictive. I believe people exist in this city in two ways, with a ridiculous amount of money or with a refined purpose. I recognize I am still on my honeymoon, but I have yet to encounter people posturing (like Atlanta) and for this I am grateful.
I am an open book in this dynamic and diverse environment. This is the most enticing aspect of my trip yet.

An NYC metaphor. Manhattan is a wave that is reached its full peak and velocity, Catch it and it's the ride of your life. If you wipeout, better get up and paddle fast cause its moving on without you and it will pummel and pound you into the sand if you don't get up and fight it.
This city is a peak experience. Make no qualms about it. I am one hundred percent in awe.
And I'm making my way, writing my self into an overwhelming oblivion ....Hanging loose and slowly getting used to the surfers adrenaline high...

What gets your blood pumping?

No comments:

Post a Comment