Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nobody Wrong, Nobody Right

For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? Romans 11:15

If I sound assuming. Forgive me. With freedom of speech comes freedom of opinion. Every one's got one. I'm not trying to get you to side with me. Part of me is just trying to be understood.

My recent conversation with a friend in the triangle of green space downtown was about the most-watched television show on cable, the O'Reilly Factor. Now, New York City born Bill O'Reilly is not winning popularity contests with New Yorkers but he is most certainly gaining ratings. They watch. They listen. And With Fury.
Regardless of what you think of him. This man has created a genius persona that is growing at a rapid base and its his haters who are making his ego and empire grow.
Sure his shtick is to piss people off...He provides Colbert with endless material, Jenna Jameson another feather in her cap, and political fodder for two friends on a freezing cold park bench...He's just doing his job.

End Preface.

Today, I received another green light regarding my job and writing in the Big Apple.
Examiner.com is an online service providing information, services, current events, and opinions on New York City.
The content is provided by a handful of writers in the community who are passionate and desire to share their knowledge and experience with others in the city.
I've just been approved as a Southern Evangelical Examiner in Manhattan.
Obviously I am affirmed.
This is a testimony to New York.
Not in that they think I have something profound to say, but their willingness for another opinion. This is an option to share my story. And maybe even be understood.
Even if I'm read with Fury.

"One argument that none of us can hide, is the one thats ragin down deep inside. Tryin' to make a point, or have the last word. But most the time people just tryin to be heard." Michael Franti

Can you agree to disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment