Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Planting the Seeds

"Be careful how you live, not as unwise but wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15

I believe this is the first of many passages Rhonda Byrne ripped off when she wrote The Secret.
The Apostle Paul writes , whatever is true, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.
And these things will be done unto you.
Call it secret laws of attraction or rules of the universe. Call it life transforming power. I call it the God of Peace and Prosperity. And you seek your joy to the fullest when you seek Him. In fact, I believe it unfolds in multitudes.

I turned on the news at 5 AM this morning after a fitful sleep listening to the screamers on Broadway. Here is what media and media mongers are putting out there.
FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!
It is paralyzing. I could go on and on about what what we feast on minds on from an over payed, lying adulterer, less than stellar talent fraud of an athlete to throwing billions of dollars at sheer greed and frivolity that our unborn children will pay for in their lifetime.
No wonder we are looking at barren fields. This is not mysterious.

After venting to Lucia ( an Italian dance choreographer) at my gym, she told me it seems as if I am a golden child. Say what? What she meant was that it seemed I didn't have a mean bone in my body and that I was deserving of what opportunities came my way. I told her I most certainly had my faults but that the face I wear is truly my heart...Nothing shrouded.

Everyday New Yorkers are showing me they are some of the most forthright, optimistic and generous people I've ever encountered. True colors are abundant and success is plentiful. Could this be a recipe? After that pep talk from a very positive city girl, I took on the flood.

Worked 9-6 today freelancing for computer consulting company whose clients dabble or dwell in the fashion industry. It is Fashion Week, so one of my duties was to deliver a bottle of champagne to the designer. Throughout the course of the day I commenced on my overwhelming writing assignment for Scholastic (deadline is Thursday), received an excellent call to be a regular substitute teacher in the New York public school system (YIKES), and if this wasn't joy enough, I spoke to a casting agent who wants me to return as an extra on Kings..
Can I get an Amen?
This city is so ripe for the picking. Now if I could just get some sleep so I can enjoy the harvest.

Did you really think FARMING was a secret?

1 comment: