Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Spitting Out Here

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I really am at a loss for words. Dumbfounded at how the Lord's plan plays out. I didn't know what to expect when I made such a big move to an even bigger city. But I have been open from the start. Win or Lose, I knew this was something I had to venture to gain... Matchbox 20 sings a song about the Bright Lights City I have always related to ,"Maybe, maybe, maybe You'll find something That's enough to keep you But if the bright lights don't receive you You should turn yourself around and come on home." thanks Rob Thomas, Looks like the city's taking me in.

My newest writing assignment deadline was today. I created a prototype blog using four different voices with four different perspectives reviewing four different books. Now, I must admit, I do my voice decent, but conversing with other people as another person in a blog is a task. After hours of staring out my computer screen I rose to the occasion and quite early this morning to turn in my finished product. The results are in.... I just signed a year long freelance writing contract with Scholastic Publishing. AHHHHHH!! I can hardly believe it myself. They loved my writing, told me I was exactly what they were looking for, could I come on board, and start sending the invoices.. Uh yeah, I'll take this as a sign.

Tonight I went out to celebrate with a friend/neighbor's brother. Born and raised in NY, he is schooled in the ropes. He knows the owner of a club in East Village who was celebrating another prosperous anniversary in the Land of Plenty...The club's name, I kid you not, is.....STAY! Open Bar, Champagne on every table, amazing DJ, great vibe, and a laughing girl on the dance floor that just landed a job that pays her rent in NYC . And down go the roots. I tell y'all God is too good.

When I came in at midnight, a gal Andrea who works in my building says, "You're home too early." I told her I was pacing myself...I'm here for a while.

You never know until you try, Right Sir?


1 comment: