Sunday, February 22, 2009

Are You There Conscience?

"He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." Matthew 8:26

I have the grace to pray. But do I have the grace to believe?
I believe I can call on Him? But do I have faith He will answer?
I don't want to be caught in a raging storm...I'm scared too and yet I find it so amazing that we are putting so much stock in all of the politicians and legislation to save the day and our hides.
Is the self talent of practicing Prudence really out the door and in the hands of policy makers? In the words of my Pastor Michael Youseff of my home church in Atlanta, GA...
"Man has the power to destroy the Earth, but only God has the power to perfect it."
I would rather pray for His perfect power than for power hungry men.
He's my shield, shelter, defender, and tower. Whom shall I fear?

I took the advice of a New Yorker to watch Bill Maher or to do his impression of me, "BEEEL Myyer". What? It's my voice.
I told him I was under the assumption (we all know that means) that Bill Maher had all like minded people on his show. I was quickly rebuked and in the spirit of being open, I complied. And oh am I glad I did. Congressman Ron Paul was on speaking the exact gospel and I had written about in a former post.
Self Regulation. Freedom of Choice. Ending the Drug War. Allowing people to make their own mistakes. Accountability. And NOT under any circumstances in given this liberty can they crawl crying to their government. If you choose Pleasure Island, take the consequences.
Jiminy Cricket's words were echoing in my ear..."You buttered your bread, no sleep in it".

It's Sunday. And I'm heading to another place of worship...but I will leave you in song.

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play? Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day.
The sun is up, the sky is blue.
It's beautiful and so are you. Dear Prudence won't you come out to play?

Do you judge judgement?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Prudence open up your eyes
    Dear Prudence see the sunny skies
    The wind is low the birds will sing
    That you are part of everything
    Dear Prudence won't you open up your eyes?

    ReplyDelete