Thursday, February 26, 2009

Transparent

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." James 3:16

"Everybody wants some, I want some too. Everybody wants some, how bout you?"
David Lee Roth

Manhattan workers make an average of $1500 (excluding bonuses) per week. 
This according to Wikipedia is the country's highest.  It is home to the nation's most valuable real estate.  Manhattan is the economic force of NYC and America.
Point blank, there is a lot of money made and a lot spent here.  

As I begrudgingly bought today's TONY titled ...Go out for Cheap, I realized I had fallen prey.... Yes, I am working. I'm writing for my living. But after walking with my friend to his clients to pick up his 7K check for a couple of days of creative consulting for a blow-out party,  I found myself sulking.  
I was thrilled for him. But for me, I thought I'm in the wrong business...
Slap, Slap, Slap. Hello?
Still, I bought a cheap bottle of Vino Rouge, scoffed at a $5 block of french cheese and headed to my two bedroom apartment in the Triangle Below Canal to set up my new Paypal account for writing for Examiner NY. My first article was due today. 
A friend called me offering me the best bargain of all, a used Macbook with Apple Warranty and programs with free tutorials for a fraction of the price and can pay in installments or labor...
Slap, Slap, Slap. Hello? Am I really still sulking??

After my second glass of wine and countless deals on theater, music, art, and eats. I was finally convicted and kicked in the teeth. Where us my imagination? Who the hell am I to complain?

I am doing what I love. I am pursuing my dream. I'm living in New York City. I'm happy. There is more wealth in that then I could ever accumulate...   
The treasure's in the thrill, not necessarily the treat.  ( I'll keep reminding myself)

Does your Gimme, Gimme, I need, I need blur your vision?



No comments:

Post a Comment