Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Desperate Measures

"Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." Romans 13:7

How the hell did I miss the greatest PR opportunity? A Georgia Boy in City Hall Park NYC. Newt Gingrich should have been donning a FREEDOM OF PEACH T-Shirt.  Why weren't the rest of you at the Manhattan Tea Party?  Could it be you got stuck in all the traffic surrounding the new appointment of the Archbishop Dolan at St. Patrick's Cathedral? 
I saw a couple Ron Paul supporters disgruntled by all the backward collars and robes blocking the subway stairs...
At any rate (no pun intended) Hundreds of non-partisan New Yorkers and me turned out for the NYC T-Party.

On this day in history...The RMS Titanic Sunk. And Abraham Lincoln died. 
The Filing Deadline from the Revenue Act was declared April 15th in 1955. 
But since you can't bleed a turnip...
Today's tax day:
Here are my current highlighted options on Craigslist.
Donate my eggs to infertile couples for $10,000
Become a Bikini-Clad Maid (won't make drinks) for $200 p/d
Participate in  a Clinical Study for Depression $500 per session + free MRI
Prepare breakfast for family every week morning $75 a day

NO matter which job I take. YOU are not entitled to what I earn. THE IRS (the despicable institution that it is) certainly does not. Every single person reading this at the moment needs to research Fair Tax.  And ask yourself do you really want your government to determine where your hard earned money goes...?  Will you really vote for big government, big spending?

Now, I don't want to turn this blog into a recap of the news and my take on it. But seriously, in these strained times when the economy is taking a beating and the fear tactics are giving it a good fat shove into the gutter.
How far would you go to make ends meet?

My job search aside. I've recently witnessed a close up glimpse of how hard up landlords are in Manhattan to rent their space. Responding to the market, rent is down 10-15% and they're handing over 2-3 months free incentive!  Even the greatest skeptic on board can't deny "One bedroom in West Village $2000" spells bona fide recession...

ME? Renting my house. Selling my car. Rationing my rotisserie chicken and ironing out the bathing suit, putting on the bronzer and grabbing my dust rag...duty calls!

Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care...
Didn't make the postmark. And I don't care.

 Did Greed or Government get us here?


No comments:

Post a Comment