Thursday, April 30, 2009

Saved the Best for Last

"If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Matthew 6:30

It is 5 AM. I'm dripping wet from scrubbing the can of hairspray out of my bobby-pinned hair, slipping into my fleece pjs (it's cold again), and chewing on half an Ambien....here come the trails. We just wrapped day one of the Ugly Betty finale and have been graced with a few hours of day time slumber before we return to the madness...and full makeup. Trust me, even if you blink, it would be impossible to miss me in this one.
Let's just say Wardrobe had a field day with me...
Minding my own business in a simple black slip dress, the designers had another visual in mind and pulled me back into their decadent closet of designer gowns (XXS) ouch and Accessory Heaven.
Pic to follow.

She made the history books twice. One for being the first black woman to be chosen as Miss America and two for losing her crown over racy Penthouse photos, no matter the glory or the gory...that Vanessa Williams is breathtakingly timeless. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Of course they couldn't avoid me...
Vanessa, America, and Judith, (Angela from Who's the Boss) all commented on my outlandish attire. The clincher was getting a  nod by my 2nd favorite Calvin Klein underwear model Antonio Sabato, jr. Still shy of Marky Mark. Thirteen hours of playing dress up in the Waldorf Astoria can be fun!

Standing face to face
Isn't this word a crazy place...zzzzz.





 

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHHH!!! Love it! I so admire Vanessa Williams for the come back that she made...with such grace!!

    I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH AND SEE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete