Sunday, April 12, 2009

Salvation. Whoo. Whoo.

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

Hallelujah Christ is Risen. He lives. Conquered the grave. And covered my sins.
These words are the epitome of the Christian faith. 
And the promise we have in eternal life. Jesus is the Son of God who was crucified and buried and who rose from the dead. 
This is how we know he is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
Jesus Christ is not the leader of just another religion.
He is the creator of the world and you and me. 
The Apostle Paul tells us that a sinless God came to the Earth to die for the justification of our sins. And his tomb is empty.

This is why Christians celebrate Easter. It has nothing to do with furry yellow chicks, gooey marshmallow bunnies, pastel covered eggs, or ridiculous ornate hats. It has to do with Him being the truth, the life, and the way to God our Father.
One drop of his blood saves us all. From the one's who cried Hosanna to the one's who yelled crucify the King. We are all forgiven because He lives. And there is power in the blood.
The miracle of His resurrection is the cornerstone to our faith and without it there would not be Christianity.
As Christians we believe there is no more judgement in this life. The Crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus are the final payment of sins and the bridge to a long lasting relationship with God. For he so loved the world. Not just Jews, nor Gentiles, not straight, not gay, not black, nor just white. The WHOLE WORLD. And this provision of a new redeemed life is a gift, an opportunity, and its ours for the taking.
YES and to the skeptics who say Jesus was a great prophet, a good man, a strong leader, and a wise teacher, the truth is if the witnesses had not seen and believed his death and resurrection....the word of the Lord would not have spread across the globe and remained a life changing profound belief today.

This is how I respond to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I do exactly what the Apostle Paul told the Philippians jailer. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. As you are sitting down to a greasy plate of buttermilk fried chicken, toasting your family with a mimosa in the morning, or still lost in the grass searching for the golden egg...
Will you bow down and ask the author of salvation, Jesus Christ into your heart?

And as I stand in victory
Sin has lost it's grip on me
For I am His.
And He is mine.
Bought with the precious blood in Christ.
No guilt in life
No fear in death.
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry 
to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell
No scheme of man
can ever pluck me from his hand
Till He returns or calls me home.
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

1 comment:

  1. Tears are welling up in my eyes at the thought of knowing you for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete