Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Movin' On Up

"Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind" Ecclesiastes 4:6

I love to see him come and hate to see him go...Arrival and Departure Day..oh how they feel so different. The same rain drops fall on the window pane today but the elating feeling of anticipation has been replaced with a dull dread. And the romance of meeting him with an umbrella on the subway stairs is overshadowed with the imminent last kiss and a closing cab door.... Sadness sets in like the dampness in the air.

Spent four glorious days in this grand city with my best friend sharing harmoniously decadent desserts, dirty dishes, and definitive decisions, affirming our belief that after three months apart, being together is better. Now I do love autonomy. Independence even more. 
New York is My Dream. But He's my Dreamboat. We're through spinning our wheels separately. And we want the new chapter to star us both.

Plan B in action.
Took a whole lot of tryin' just to get up that hill....
Now if a 500 square foot studio doesn't bring us closer, sharing one closet in Manhattan will.

"after you go I'll have a lot more room in my closet,after you go I'll stay out all night if I feel like it and when you're gone I could run through the house screaming and no one will ever hear me I really should be glad but I'm bluer than blue sadder than sad." B. Manilow

Could you live without your lover?


1 comment:

  1. No way! And I hope you guys figure out a way to be together in the same place and that you both will be happy!!

    ReplyDelete