Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fire. Rain. Sunshine. Pain.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12

The difference a day makes. Peaks and Valleys. 
And I don't take a pill to dull the edge.
Just gotta have faith.

Did anyone see the Johnson and Bird interview this morning? 32 and 33. I don't know if it was the Kanye West rhythm or the four mile run adrenaline but watching the montage of Lebron, Larry, Magic, Jordan, Chris Paul, Garnett and Kobe (okay not Kobe) reignited the embers of my fading interest in the NBA....I felt myself sweating and running side by side on the Celt's fast break. 
Praying for a stellar return to Sports Journalism.

Fact: New York is a walking city. I average two miles a day.

A four wheeling fling in grade school landed me on my back and an ATV crushing my right foot.  A Joe Theismanesque compound leg fracture on a trampoline in my teens resulted in a titanium alloy rod from my knee to ankle. An incompetent Adulterer Emory orthopedic surgeon put my leg on wrong, resulting in a manual break and three new pins. A late night Devil went down to Georgia car crash was the final impact of a bent titanium rod and a metal plate around my tibia and fibula bone in my shin. A rather unexpected and shocking sting ray stab in the bottom of that same foot in the murky waters of Dominical, CR last year. Countless road races later and I wonder why my right leg is giving me problems in my 30's.

Fact: When I drink wine daily, my tummy loses it's flatness.

Some sacrifices just have to be made.

In the words of Mary J. 
Life can  be only what you make it. When you're feeling down, you should never fake it. Say what's on your mind and you'll find in time that all negative energy. It would all cease. Take your time, baby don't you rush a thing. Don't you know. I know we are all struggling. I know it is hard but we will get by and if you don't believe in me, just believe in HE. If you looked in my life and see what I've seen.

What makes your obstacles more palatable?



1 comment:

  1. WOW! I didn't know all that! I knew about the sting ray, of course. :)

    LOVE the "my tummy loses its flatness" quote!

    ReplyDelete