Saturday, May 30, 2009

Deep Greens and Blues

"Because of your father's God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breast and womb." Genesis 49:25

There is something so romantic about traveling by train. The rocking of the cars, the clicking of the track, the eccentric habits of the daily commuters.
Canal Street on a summer Saturday morning felt like small town main street.
Some familiar faces and a few good mornings exchanged. I could get used to this!

Taking the Hudson line via Harlem through Pleasantville for a weekend getaway in the gorgeous Berkshire mountains. JT said it best.
"lord, the Berkshires seamed Dreamlike..."
Even the conductors are happy on the weekend. Nothing like the late night calls from the Munich customs agents jarring you out of your sleeping cart at all hours of the night.
But peace. Smiles. Coffee. And ahh the weather.
Just crossed the Appalachian Trail and the sheer busyness of Grand Central Station this morning seems like a yesterday in an alternate world.

I am so blessed. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Too cliche for you?
He is the King of Kings. My all in all. And He pours his blessings out on me continuously.

May have just made a work/live/thrive contact on the Metro North Line amongst the wildflowers and pussy willows. A true New Yorker. An owner of a sports publication. An avid runner. A dear. Both of us getting away from the overwhelming city.
Her to tend her garden. Me, my marriage.

Without a shadow of doubt, I have a passion for New York City that has not been satiated in the last four months. Lost in thoughts of a hiatus/regroup for the summer. I mourn the loss of what I might miss. Yet the thoughts of paychecks with wings brings me a stiff dose.
What to do?
Last night over stiff Martinis at the Canal Room, I told my friend that we (my lover and I) have way too much going on. It's impeding our focus, our togetherness. He replied with, "the only thing going on, is your life. Your life is continuing to go on."

Yep, I'm officially out of the city. Gray silos and Red barns on the right side of the train and my best friend in the sunshine waving the arriving train.

What would you do?

1 comment:

  1. I guess I will quote C.S. Lewis on today's blog

    Relying on God has to begin again every day as if nothing has yet been done...

    ReplyDelete