Saturday, May 23, 2009

She Never Lost Her Head

"Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4

"You're so exactly like other people. That's just
what I complain of, said Humpty Dumpty. Your face is the same as everybody has -- the two eyes, so --nose in the middle, mouth under. It's always the same. Now if you had the two eyes on the same side of the nose, for instance -- or the mouth at the top -- that would be some help.   It wouldn't look nice, Alice objected.  But Humpty Dumpty only shut his eyes, and said Wait till you've tried."
Through the Looking Glass- Lewis Carroll

Makeover Morning. 
Since so much is out of my control and in His hands, I decided that I would consciously take a firm grip of at least one particular area of my life...my hair.... Quick trip next door to Ricky's NYC (the solution to all problems) and $6 later, I went, uh should we say a few shades lighter than my virgin blond....I don't quite recognize the bizarre man in the mirror but damn it feels good to have some grasp on desiring change and immediate results delivered.

Ahh Image.

The Chinese hustlers down on Canal have taken to visual props to lure the Memorial Day weekend shoppers into the covert operations of peddling knock off designer purses.  Entering and Exiting the subway I was asked to identify and point the exact Coach or Fendi bag I was pursuing on the laminated card they held in hand. Unfortunately I was running late for work and pushed through the swarm...and coming home beaten down,  I just shook my newly bleached head no.

Here's how to create added adventure to your pilgrimage to Canal Street.

When asked "Handbag, Handbag?" You respond with a created designer name i.e. Kanakawa or Pradagammo and watch the throng of ladies scramble about to find out who has the coveted inventory...
Or asked.."New Movies, Movies, DVD's" You respond you gotta any Deep Throat, and watch the Nigerian men flash their toothy white grins and start slapping their friends backs in response to your naughty quip.

My days may not be glamorous but nothing about them is monotonous.

-Little joe never once gave it away
Everybody had to pay and pay
A hustle here and a hustle there
New york city is the place where they said
Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side
I said hey joe, take a walk on the wild side-
Lou Reed

Is it the true you, if you're satisfied on the safe route?


No comments:

Post a Comment