Monday, May 4, 2009

I'll Give You a Royal Pain

"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it." Proverbs 27:12

Here is the "Harry" situation of the pitfall I am slowly falling into..I've been dancing on the edge of the crocodile's back and it is becoming abundantly clear to me that the strong vine may not come to my rescue and I will tragically end, up to my bloodshot eyeballs in the brackish tar pond with the angry scorpions.
Ok. I am speaking 1980's Intellivision code. And my hand's on the console.
The early recreational technology is NOT flashing back with a vengeance oh but the fashion is....

Here is the video game I speak of in a nutshell. If I were to seriously write what I had intended today, I would most certainly be prostituting myself to my readers. Another 13 hour shoot.
I am exhausted. I am seeped of all creative energy, I'm chilled to the bone and frankly nursing my tootsies from 5 inch heels on marble in cold and damp Long Island. And delving into my personal psyche while attempting to explain my skewed perception of those around me would be utterly forced. 

Therefore, I wouldn't be purging, I would be pretending. And that ain't the name of the game.

Three hours of shuteye per night is not a satisfactory average.
I miss the hell out of my best friend and lover.
Navigating through the options to get to the core of my passion is a full on brain drain.

It's a maze. It's a jungle. Sometimes I succumb to Pitfall Peach.

Are you in constant negotiation with potential hazards?


No comments:

Post a Comment