Saturday, May 9, 2009

In Latin That's Carpe Diem

"The length of our days is seventy years—  or eighty, if we have the strength;  yet their span  is but trouble and sorrow,  for they quickly pass, and we fly away." Psalm 90:10

You may delay, but time will not.  ~Benjamin Franklin

This is when I have the hardest time writing a daily blog that has for the most part (uh my part) adopted and conformed to some sort of recipe.  Because after a day of picking, plucking, and gathering like today, I can't decipher the ingredients, nor do I desire the discipline it takes to follow along according to the precise measurements.

I'd rather lie here with my window open as the stiff breeze cools my warm buzz...

There is something in the night air of this spring season, I have yet to feel before in my life. A hungriness. A mission. An absolute passion for life that makes you back off the negative and put your full body weight into the positive. A season for sex, love, laughter, seduction.  An all encompassing want to put your head and heart full steam into this beautiful chance at a lifetime. 
And you don't need me to tell you it's short.

I am inspired everyday here by people's choices, manners, motives, drive, and direction here. They leaped. Embracing the now. And for that mere fact. I applaud them. 

Life happens too fast for you ever to think about it.  If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information.  ~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

It's time to seize the day.
How will you let this one pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment