Sunday, May 3, 2009

Into the Great Wide Open

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, My Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

"You know what, it is so funny. A good writer will always find it very hard to fill a single page.  A bad writer will always find it easy."Aubrey Kalitera, Why Father Why

Writers Block. I should have been a cowboy. Or a private dick.

I read somewhere that a detective looks, listens, and moves in search of an idea that brings every element together and make sense of them. A private investigator and a writer could be one in the same. My gift: EAVESDROPPING  It's made me a more rounded writer and as of late popular on the TV sets as I can report all the whispered drama....

Writing is what I have wanted to to and have done for as long as I can remember. I have dreaded, often despised, craved,  relished  and I have adored the catharsis it brings. More times than not, when I question my motives or end product, I reference Jack Kerouac's List of Essentials.
  • Submissive to everything open, listening
  • Write what you want bottomless from the bottom of mind
  • Telling the true story of the world in interior monologue
  • Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
  • Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind
  • Don't think of words when you stop but to see the picture better
  • You're a GENIUS all the time
The last one usually motives me...Should I be pinching myself? Today I spoke with my three closest girlfriends there in fact by bridesmaids.  In each, we had a sad observation of the rapidly moving hands of the clock. And we tried to keep up. 
Even though I have been sleepwalking the majority of this day. I did hear them.
They all three repeatedly said, WOW, you're doing it. I'm so proud of you. You're living the fast life. Who would have thought all of this could be happening? It's amazing. What an exciting time. You are making your circumstances.

Yes, yes, and yes. My Response
.My question. Is it really my doing?
I am Living a Dream.
Experiencing the Interesting.
New York City.
Many Firsts.
Multiple Facets of Fun!

But again, He is the Reason.My Fortress. My Solid Rock.
I choose to greet my morning and end my night in Thanksgiving.
For it is in Praising God in which all my blessings come.
My surroundings are different. My obstacles Plenty.
But He is the same everyday. And His purpose for me remains in tact.
So I'll continue to honor Him in every way.And Honor my writing self and write everyday.

You don't have to fill a page. Everyday isn't exciting. But the gift of Life is...

"We had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life." JK

Is the sky the limit?

1 comment:

  1. This post almost brought tears to my eyes. I am so incredibly happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete