Sunday, May 24, 2009

Freaks of the NYC (Industry)

"Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus." Acts 3:40

I could cover a lot of ground.... from spending the last three days smiling at tight faced women in vintage Chanel suits followed by their faithful assistants and sprite Pomeranians buying copious amounts of rouge. To the outwardly mysterious bearded man who walks the streets of NY with a live Siamese cat balanced on his head, joined by the avid "athlete" that hits an over sized ball of duck tape with a bent golf club along the West Side. Or the amazing free styling beat boxers that surround the shirtless card magician who resembles Ed Norton in Fight Club in the center of Union Square. I could also recite all of the rare, putrid, pointless, and raunchy objects I documented on the subway track today, just trying to get the image out of my head of the orgasm extravaganza in my living room last night. Lastly, I could recount Pastor Kevin's sermon on worship and how it should ALWAYS be our first line of defense with our enemies. 

But. When I first had the idea of starting Freedom of Peach, I wanted to write about my observations of New Yorkers faith and beliefs in a greater power more important than themselves. To see exactly who they call on...
I wanted to do this through showing them me and His spirit in me. I want them to say, I want to feel that.
I admit I've been floundering lately trying to make sense of the mayhem, I may have lost my focus. I've been fighting battles that aren't mine, their His.
This is my daily struggle. I know how much He loves me, wants for me, and will protect me. And I want to share it.
This is what I believe God called me to do in my short time in Manhattan.

When I checked in at Barney's security this morning and stuffed all my personal possessions into their mandated transparent bag.. I sighed. The man told me to buck up, it was a beautiful day and that was all that mattered.
I responded with actually the only matter of significance is that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ died for me  and he lives and regardless of me continuously going through this or any other beautiful day not showing humility or singing his praises continually, He still loves me. 
Slack jawed, he handed me my security ticket, told me he agreed, but told me not to discuss it at work.
Boy you crazy. I will say his name morning,noon, and night. Rain, Sleet, Shine, or Snow.
I'll go ahead of the army singing my Lord's Love Endures Forever...
And only He can handle the deep, dark, freakiness of us all.

"Because when I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call." NM

Who is your sword and shield?

No comments:

Post a Comment