Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So Bright, It's Burning

"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

At what point of the natural process of implementation, do you start to realize that an idea was a good one or one to be rethought? 


A twinge of second guessing rose up in me today.


Saying goodbye to my husband as I watched him drive away in a rent a car to another month of couch surfing with $80 remaining in our checking account. This after meeting with our lawyer about our outrageous debt we so graciously owe him for the tireless litigation we are years and wrinkles deep into...Making enough love to last us until our next reunion, getting our so to speak ducks in a row (fighting with illiterate insurance adjustor's) and (shamefully) doing our best at chipping away at our unique love for one another because well, we're depleted and HUMAN! 

 Pile it on with a deflated real estate market and living separately...we've reached our tipping point... Hell,what was two eight dollar margarita's thrown down our gullets as we bid farewell and I run weaving to the plane? 

While I return to Manhattan with a suitcase full of summer clothes( yep, another season), to my cozy love seat (my bed) and crowded apartment ( my door won't close) and jam back into the continuous questions resembling the likes of who am I and how can I make money being me?  You know the simple things....

All the while exploring every avenue that looks enticing,making sacrifices, and marching along with the 8 million others who are ruthlessly rocking it for the sake of a dream,  with the hopes I'm making the right decisions.

Some would call us crazy but I believe and have a man that supports it...that our insane right now is storing up love, passion, commitment, understanding, and thankfulness for the soon to come calm.( relatively speaking)

 There is without a doubt a shakedown on the earthly and a build up of the divine...


Time is indeed a grand teacher but since it destroys all of its students, there is no room for complacent mediocrity. Even if it's not safe, sound, or smart...the ride is worth the fall. 


How bad do you want it?

How bad do you need it?

Are you eating, sleeping, dreaming with that one thing on your mind?

How bad do you want it?

Cause if you want it all, 

you gotta lay it all out on the line. Tim McGraw


Is your storehouse full of yummy or bland?



No comments:

Post a Comment