Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

"For He has endowed you with Splendor." Isaiah 55:5

A rainy night in Georgia, such a rainy night in Georgia
Lord, I believe it's rainin' all over the world
I feel like it's rainin' all over the world
How many times I wondered
It still comes out the same
No matter how you look at it or think of it
It's life and you just got to play the game... Ray Charles

Traveled 100 miles in driving rain north of Atlanta today to a sanctuary..my mama's home and retreat on 75 acres of mountain laurel and budding rhododendron in the beautiful pine covered Appalachians....Splendor Mountain. Uncorked  a ten year old bottle of allocated Symmetry wine on the wraparound porch and listened to the silence. AAHH..the familiar.
A refuge, reunion,  and a reminder to slow down, spend time, and deeply question my out of control pursuits. 
Just for the moment....
NY, I'm coming back home...and not soon enough.

Can you open up your heart and let me step inside?
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide?

--Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment