Friday, May 22, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music

"Here comes the dreamer, they said to each other." Genesis 37:19
Take off my clothes.. Show them that under here  I'm just like you. Do the mistakes I make  Make me a fool? Or a human with flaws?   Admit that I'm lost. Around of applause.           Take the abuse -Rhianna
Our girl came in to buy skincare...she didn't buy any from me. But there were enough "I've got some foundation to cover up bruises jokes to go around with all the shop girls." 
Yes, cosmetic counter workers are bored out of their gourd. But the Barbados's beauty looked fantastic.

Bright, chipper, hung like a cheap picture, somehow I found myself sitting at the same conference table in Long Island City, Queens this morning, looking at the same faces, entranced at the same gargantuan apple crumb muffins fit for the Soviet Union army and deciphering every other word through the same Russian accents.
 Only this time, I wore a lab coat and toured the refrigerators full of nano-complex powders, watched the formula's mixed by scientists and was officially diagnosed by the founding Physician of physiology....Enzymes, cellular regeneration, and so forth ??? $4 white whine ouch.

In my research, I found two of the ingredients in this skincare line are active ingredients in Febreeze and IV Solution/Soda Pops.

Let me be clear.( no pun intended)  I am on my fifth day of antibiotics and prescription fungal cream for my face. Since working for this skincare line and attempting to be a "Believer", code for Kool-Aid Drinker, my face has erupted into what some would call extreme cystic acne with a tinge of severe Poison Ivy, peeling, itching, leper like qualities.
Fresh Face for the world at Barney's!!  
Pathetic isn't a powerful enough word....

Here's the deal. (Doesn't sound profitable, I know) I want to be a part of New York City. I want to experience success. I want to gain back the three years I have lost in age and stamina and start anew with the absolute vibrancy, activity, constant orgasmic fascination that only this city can offer...I'm not ready to come home. Despite the closing time song, I am not ready to quit dancing...It ain't last call.
So, I made an agreement with the DOCTOR of the house to give me free product specific for my skin. I will "religiously and faithfully" use for a week, with that I will also work every single day of this holiday weekend including Monday.  This is so I have rent and money for a dirty dog on Central Park when I exit the insane recycled air hole called my place of employment.

Okay, somebody slap me. I'm a servant to my roommate and a glutton for cleanser toner punishment. 
Does Manhattan have that kind of compromising power over an opinionated, independent, brave, risk taker like myself?  
Uh the answer is affirmative.

I meandered in the direction of  home via 7th Avenue to 42nd Street on a holiday weekend Friday night and dag nabbit..... I'm smitten and I ain't quitten,.
  
"put the needle on the record
put the needle on the record
when the song beats go like this"-Mars

Are you gonna sit it out, or are you gonna dance?


No comments:

Post a Comment