Thursday, May 21, 2009

Settling

"Not one of them grows tired or stumbles, not one slumbers or sleeps; not a belt is loosened at the waist, not a sandal thong is broken. "Isaiah 55:7

Imagine I had a dime for every time New Yorkers told me I moved here at a bleak and lean but interesting time, I could pay my rent in eight days. 
I don't want to lose steam but...
Alas.

If I would have known I could turn on Ugly Betty's two hour finale at 9:57 and see by bobbing head, I would have passed along that information. I am sorry.  It was a wake up call to maybe not spend two 24 hour periods back to back in a rib missing corset dress standing on marble to end up face down ass up on the editing room floor.... I don't know call me crazy.

A four dollar bottle of wine split with an old friend in the recent air conditioned apartment...got me thinking.  Between Barney's bullshit, Bionova breakouts, cheap knock-offs, chatty narcissism, the Russian runaround, fake tits, and virtually No money... 

I have reached capacity today!
Thinking about a departure...
Will New York always be here? Where will time lead me? What will I miss?

New York City is not a city to figure out what you want to be when you grow up, it' a place to fulfill that EXACT and PRECISE dream. 


Should I stay or should I go?


Will I be making a mistake?


No comments:

Post a Comment