Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dazed and Confused

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." Ephesians 1:4

It's all too much
.

Nixon. And the new abortion tapes.
I may have a Summer Wheat buzz, but my jaw hit the Macbook keyboard.
Initially saying that access to abortion breeds permissiveness but that sometimes it is necessary.
Such as if you mix a black and white. Interracial sex and rape. 
Is that just New York Times reporting? Or the cold hard truth?

PREJUDICE: unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group. 

RACIST:unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.Here are the highlights of a conversation I experienced last night.

IGNORANCE: the want of knowledge in general, or in relation to a particular subject; the state of being uneducated or uninformed.

Here are the grim highlights of a conversation most recently experienced:

"I have very progressive friends. I know Irish, Italian, I have gay friends, and even one of my friends as a black son. So I'm not prejudice."
"Anglo Saxons and Africans should not mix because their DNA is different."
"Oh, I know, those Orientals really want to keep their line pure."
"I know, it is not pleasing to God, when we blend our races."

Well color me happy. Did I just step into the muddled 1950's?
I don't want to claim it has anything to do with me being south of the mason dixon.

While I recover from choking on my ribeye and the company of  the absolute blindness of the simplistic, I will leave you with what I believe.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us? Malachi 2:10

"There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, but glory and honor and peace for every one who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. For God shows no partiality." Romans 2:9-11

"You better start swimming, or you'll sink like a stone." BD

Oh Lord, ease this troubled mind.
I don't consider it enlightenment, but human awareness.
 Lord, I want to go back home.

Are you blind to color?





No comments:

Post a Comment