Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Push Pull

"I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me.  The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Psalm 118:13-14

You are not the President of the world. You are president of the United States. And your moral, ethical, office given obligation is to us and our safety. Tread lightly Mr. Friendly.
Colonel Peters reminds us that it wasn't a group of Presbyterians attacking Saudi Arabia, it was them...attacking us. Lest we forget.
There is no denying my mood, therefore my thoughts are tainted on days I have time to sit and take in the daily news.
Blow it in a bubble and float away. Or replay Bruno's nuts in Eminem's face again.
Either way, he better start talking like he's proud to be an American.

I was in the presence of some serious talent today.
If there are any 80's children out there who rooted for a Private Benjamin victory, sobbed in fear of divorce in Irreconcilable Differences, felt one person could fight the KGB like Whoopi in Jumping Jack Flash, or relished in the idea of leaving yuppie corporate America to make jam in the country like Baby Boom Keaton; then you too would have been impressed.
Nancy Myers wrote every last one of them....
She is the most successful female director of all time, has a stellar resume of directing successes, and stands at a confident 5'1.
Casted as a sun-kissed L.A. blond in her new untitled project and standing in admiration of Meryl Streep's flawless complexion...I spent the morning (feigning a LAX traveler) feeling so utterly blessed.
And if working in ear shot of heavy but cute Alec Baldwin wasn't elating enough,  as I was walking disguised in my dark shades to the E train home, A mom stopped in front of me and whispered to her two children, I kid you not..."There's Gwyneth Paltrow".  
Guffaw.
Took a casting call for four days on Royal Pains and a possible stand in for the timeless academy award winner herself...we do share the same Roman nose.

Peaks and Valley's people!
It was Newton's Third Law.

Climbing or Coasting...ain't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment