Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Fall Girl

"You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." Deuteronomy 8:17

But I would be mistaken.
My strength, my moments, my wherewithal comes from Him and Him alone.

Spent an exhausting, sometimes exciting, downright aggravating, questionably pointless,
freezing cold day in June in Brooklyn on Manhattan Avenue in Polish town shooting the buff Scottish brogue drop his f bombs, stuntmen on stilts fall splat on the asphalt, and whole-heartily exercising with Gerard Butler's bodyguard in between takes. 
He told me I had nice pipes...
As brawn and brooding as the 300 star was, he's got nothing on my Irishman.

Got me thinking though, if this circus act called acting doesn't pay the bills, with these serious muscles and cat like reflexes, I could always follow in the footsteps of a childhood fave, Colt Seavers.

Yep,
It's a death defyin' life I lead, 
I take my chances. 
I die for a livin' in the movies and TV. 
But the hardest thing I ever do 
Is watch my leadin' gents 
Kiss some other girl while I'm bandagin' my knee. 
I might jump an open drawbridge, 
Or Tarzan from a vine. 
'Cause I'm the unknown stuntman that makes Eastwood look so fine....

Would you take the risks if you couldn't get the glory?




No comments:

Post a Comment