Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't Stop till You Get Enough

"A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:4

"A summer's disregard, a broken bottle top

And a one man's soul
They follow each other on the wind ya' know
'Cause they got nowhere to go
That's why I want you to know
I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change...." MJ

Small town boy from Gary, Indiana turned Magnificent Music Icon......
Thank you for the vivid memories....Especially the couple skate.

A monumental part of history. Yours and mine, ended today.

My Internet has been for lack of a better word, down. Idly, I sat listening to the Windstream van roll down the gravel road (for the second time in a day) at a snail's pace, I felt my blood temperature rise. The repair man mozied up to the door and inquired about my "eesue." I explained that I could not connect to the Internet and there was not a dial tone. I've been living in Manhattan for the last five months where wireless is accessible EVERYWHERE, so kindly forgive my frazzled state.
 His response: "Manhattan, KS."
*Crickets*
No.

After explaining it was the other Manhattan, he groaned and went on to tell me that only once as he lived near a city...and that was Tocoa, GA. But the rest of his life has been rural living. The only sounds he hears are the natural sounds of the "crick" falling and them bucks running. And he ain't having it any other way.

Hmm Mmm.
I believe there is living life, experiencing life, enduring life,  coasting through life and there is TASTING LIFE.
I know there are people born on Main Street, USA who raise their families generation after generation in that same sleepy town and can't think anything is better outside their county line.
I realize there are farmers that breed sons who go on to become stellar ranch hands.
I understand that children born in illiteracy in Appalachia rarely break the cycle.
I've experienced  staunch Texans turn 18 and never look back at the Lonestar State.
I love the Massachusetts boys who go searching, grow up, and grasp new opportunities.

AND I am thoroughly  inspired by the rags to riches who impact and change our lives in uncountable ways, keepin on with force don't stop. And a rockin talent that would NOT quit.

Please Leave this man and his family alone in his death...
In his words:
"We've got more problems. 
Than we'll ever need
Why you wanna trip on m
e??"

As far as taking a bite out of life...
Are some just hungrier than others?


 rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment