Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Got Maternal Issues

"You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother." Luke 18:20

“The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.” Wynonna

The Mother-Daughter Dynamic.
If you say it's easy, I'll personally kick your ass.
I believe the constant discourse is a reflection of the inhumanity women continuously show women in this country.
Riddle me this?
 How can two people cut from the same cloth, be so close, and inevitably misread each other's intentions, experience such severe conversation hurdles, and wreak hurtful havoc of disastrous proportions?
Can a comment like, "I usually quarter the onion" really produce a Jekyll and Hyde like syndrome. Uh, the answer is affirmative....

Nietzsche said that fathers and sons are more considerate of one another's feelings than mothers and daughters. And I agree with him. But what the constantly searching Frederic did not ever come to experience is the connected love of a mom and daughter. Powerful and Fragile at the same time.

Disapproval=Defenses=Withdrawal=WASTED EFFORT=Dissatisfaction
The relationship we crave most earnestly is the one that hurts our hearts consistently.
Seems like I'm not the only one......

"If you've never been hated by your child,you've never been a parent." Bette Davis

"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same."
  Pearl S Buck

"I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they are gone from your life." Maya Angelou

"Get to know your parents. And understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young." Baz Luhrman

"I want a mom when I get lonely, to take the time to play 
A mom who can be a friend and find a rainbow when it gray 
I want a mom to read me stories and sing a lullaby 
And if I find a bad dream, to hold me when I cry...I want that mom." Cyndi Lauper

Are you drowning in your gene pool?


No comments:

Post a Comment