Saturday, June 27, 2009

Not My Picket Fence


"To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice." Proverbs 21:13

My always a bridesmaid girlfriend made bride status tonight. And her strongest desire came to fruition. Let Love Ring.

If I had a dime for how many times I was asked what are you going to do?? Are you going to stay in New York?  When are you coming back to Atlanta? 

Misery loves company.
 People love to commiserate.
And the suburbanites want to know why we don't want to live in Georgia  and take the path they chose and are so miserable treading....

They dislike their husbands. They have abandoned their sex life.  It's all about the children.  They relish the girl's night out that comes once in a blue moon and spend it recanting their glorious single years.
Ladies, I understand you are exhausted at the end of your  two hour commute, your miserable desk job, the day care routine, and your bland TV dinner at the end of the day, but better start using your hand or your mouth, or you will lose your man.

My Manhattan obsession and my dear girlfriend's "gay man's lifestyle" in San Fran was under the microscope tonight. We are the oddballs, We are the Spinsters. Because we are in our 30's and without children, something is wrong with us in they eyes of the complacent.

A country club wedding.  A college reunion. A reminder of why I chose to cater my life not give way to custom.


I'm choosing the great wide open not the cage with a painted red door.

Will you sacrifice you to be considered normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment