Monday, June 1, 2009

You Are What You Eat

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3

I don' know if he was referring to the Grecco du Tufo buttery chardonnay or the luscious pappardelle pasta with beef accompanied with salted spinach, seasoned eggplant Parmesan, and crispy toffee biscotti. But leaving the gorgeous Berkshire mountains down the Taconic New York State Parkway and driving seamlessly into New York City at sunset for a celebratory romantic al fresco dinner in West Village's Bar Pitti...I praised Him all the way.

In the words of my near and dear. He's ready to be in the full on rocking city most of the time and the sleepy countryside where he grew up once in a while. Again, an amen....Darlin' I love ya but keep (Freudian slip) give me Park Avenue.

Another opinion, I do not understand how people do not and choose not to know good food. Up to 1 Am a few days ago in Chinatown eating steamed dumplings and homemade ramen with steamed young chicken and a cold Bud in a can. I finally struck gold with the eating cheap in Manhattan.... 

Fortified in the womb on greasy Pancho's San Antonio Verde enchilada's.
Relished stewed goat and sweet plantains in VI
Planned my Honeymoon around authentic spicy curry in Thailand.
Survived on burnt Chapati and Lentils in Tanzania.
Think Bone Marrow and Butter on Toast could be one of my favorites.

I do not get white bread. Will not eat American Cheese. Don't drink light beer. Wouldn't think of paying money for aspartame. And Can't comprehend the phrase "too much garlic in the potatoes." 

Variety is the spice of life. Is yours too bland?






No comments:

Post a Comment